Saturday, August 30, 2014

Introduction & Current Rogue Experience

First Off, Why Do I Play Hearthstone?
All my life I've played video games and I've always been drawn to strategy/RPG/MMORPG games. When it comes to Blizzard I've played Starcraft 1 & 2, Diablo 2 & 3, and World of Warcraft for a couple years in college. I would spend hours (Sometimes 13 hrs a day) playing D2 and WOW grinding, questing leveling etc..

However, now that I've graduated and have a full time job I really don't have that much time to invest into becoming a top player. Yes there is always that "Pay to Win" option, that some people choose, but I am cheap. Also where is the fun in buying your way to the top?


All of the above are reasons why I decided to try Hearthstone, but here are some specific points:

- Hearthstone is free to download & play.
- It is not a huge time sink, as each match only lasts for about 10 minutes, depending on your play style.
- You can play as much as or as little as you want, and still be competitive.
- Ranking system ensures you will always have a competitive match.
- Most daily quests can be done within an hour (Usually less).
- Deck Builds/Strategy can definitely beat Pure Legendary "Pay to Win" Decks
- Arena matches even the playing field and the rewards are actually worth it.

My Rogue Stats To Date & Hope For The Future
So I've been playing Hearthstone for about 5 months now and the rogue has been my most played class by far. To put things in perspective, every other class is at around levels 6 - 11 and my Rogue is level 60 (385 Ranked Wins So Far).  The season will be over soon, but right now I'm rank 14.

Despite having no legendaries in my deck I have managed to get to at least Rank 15 in every month since I started playing in April 2014. As I gain more experience against each class, I am now more able to anticipate my opponent's next move and counter accordingly. While this is not as easy to do in Arena matches, this experience definitely pays off when it comes to ranked matches. I will be sure to go over class specific rogue strategies in future posts.

My next goals are to reach Rank 10 in a season, then Rank 5, then Legend Rank. These goals may seem impossible without adding any legendaries to my deck, but I will continue learning and tweaking my deck in order to keep winning and moving forward.

Legendaries I hope to get one day:
Edwin VanCleef
Leeroy Jenkins
Bloodmage Thalnos

Please comment below if you have any questions, comments, suggestions or ideas. Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!