Sunday, August 9, 2015

Rogue is the Least Played Class!?

What is the Most & Least Played Hearthstone Class
In playing my ranked games in August, I noticed the fact that I did not see many of my opponents playing the Rogue Class. This made me curious so I started tracking each match that I played. In total I tracked 100 matches and my findings can be seen in the list below:

Opponent % Games
Rogue 7%
Druid 9%
Warlock 9%
Warrior 9%
Shaman 10%
Priest 12%
Paladin 13%
Hunter 15%
Mage 16%
Total 100%

Is Rogue is the Least Played Class?
To answer my question, in August, the Rogue is the Least Played Class in Hearthstone! Out of the 100 games I played, only seven of those games were against Rogues. Out of those seven games. five were Mech decks. Out of those seven games I won six, which equates to an 86% win rate against the Class. 

This high winning % could be the reason why many people do not play Rogue. Either they are not viable or people do not know how to use the Class' strengths. In reading through the Rogue forums, there are always a lot of complaints surrounding the Class specific cards. Even the grand tournament cards to not seem to provide the Rogues any substantial benefit. However I play the Rogue class because I like the challenge, plus people are not as experienced playing against Rogues. I actually think Rogues are a great class if used correctly. So far I have gone from Rank 20 to Rank 16 in the first nine days of August. 

What is the Most Played Class?
After finding out what the least played class was, I wanted to find out what the Most Played Class was. I assumed it was going to be the Paladin Class, since I only have a 33% win rate against them. However, it turned out that the most played class was actually the Mage! 

Out of the sixteen games I played against the Mage class, I only won a total of five. Out of those same sixteen games, eleven of those (Around 68%) were focused around pure aggression. Spells and Minions were all focused on burning down the Hero as quickly as possible. 
I find it most challenging to win against these decks as I do not have any Minions with taunt and I do not have any Healing cards. Other people most likely have the same issue as me, that is probably why the Mage is the most played class.

The Hunter came in at a close a second with 15% of games played and the Paladin at 13%. Majority of these decks were focused around low cost aggressive cards. I'm interested to see if the Deck types/Classes change as I continue to move up the ranks. 

Thank you for reading this post. I'm interested to hear your thoughts. What Class do you play? What is your least favorite class to play against? What is your most favorite class to play against? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!